Staff Accountant / Sales Ledger / Accounts Receivable
A well-established and growing international law firm is looking for a Staff Accountant to support our growing team. Sterlington was founded by a senior partner from a large NY-based law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates work remotely. Our clients include private equity and other investment funds, multi-billion-dollar family offices, public and private companies, investment banks, high net worth individuals, and startups.
The Staff Accountant must be able to work independently and as a part of an international team working across different time zones, with good organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as adapt to a fast-paced environment.
We are seeking a candidate who is able to work well remotely as an Independent Contractor, with a reliable internet connection.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and sending of invoices and provide invoice analysis
- Responsible for recording AR transactions and maintenance
- Tracking client payments and regular collections, following up per the firm policy
- Provide support with payroll preparation and book-keeping
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies
- Account reconciliation and general ledger management
- Monthly update of expense receipts / invoices in shared folders
- Generating reports and statements for internal use
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Strive consistent process improvements and increased efficiency
- Answer team member and client queries
- Provide time to time weekend coverage on an on-call basis.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Prior Accounts Receivable and Payroll experience
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience with QuickBooks
- A track record of working across multinational corporations highly preferred
- On-shore US work experience would be beneficial
- Experience working for a Law Firm or Professional Services Company preferred
- Experience with the Zoho environment a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required
- Comfortable working in a flexible work environment
- Attention to detail.
Sterlington is a 100% international virtual law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates may work from anywhere.
This position is not currently open to recruiting agency submissions.