Recruiting & Professional Development Manager
A well-established and growing international law firm is looking for a Recruiting & Professional Development Manager to support our growing team. Sterlington was founded by a senior partner from a large NY-based law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates may work remotely. Our clients include private equity and other investment funds, multi-billion-dollar family offices, public and private companies, investment banks, high-net-worth individuals, and startups.
We are seeking a dynamic person with a passion for entrepreneurship and a hunger for fast-paced legal work. Join our cutting-edge, tech-savvy law firm and immerse yourself in a forward-thinking environment that encourages innovation.
The Recruiting & Professional Development Manager will oversee the full cycle recruiting process for all levels of associate attorney and business services hiring, and firm professional development efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Execute recruitment strategies and draft position descriptions
- Review applicants, conduct screen interviews and reference checks; exit interviews as needed
- Compile and analyze recruitment statistics for general firm metrics reporting and external survey purposes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current legal hiring trends, strategies and market data; assist in research related to candidates, peer firms, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with candidates, recruitment agencies and others in the legal and business industries
- Maintain global search firm agreements with recruiters
- Manage annual performance evaluations process and collect performance review results to analyze for developmental trends and gaps
- Collaborate with the Chief Talent Officer to develop and deliver effective training for all firm talent, including individual development plans
- Assist with firm partner integration efforts
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current legal training and development trends for attorneys and professional services staff; make recommendations for program design and strategies
- Work with our Administrative, Accounting and Marketing departments to support talent and other firm initiatives
- College or university degree and minimum 3+ years of experience in professional services recruiting or administrative support; legal industry experience is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse or other)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lead, build relationships and provide exceptional client service both internally and externally
This position is not currently open to recruiting agency submissions.