HR Manager, Operations
A well-established and growing international law firm is looking for an HR Manager (Operations) to support our growing team.
Sterlington was founded by a senior partner from a large NY-based law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates work remotely. Our clients include private equity and other investment funds, multi-billion-dollar family offices, public and private companies, investment banks, high-net worth individuals, and startups.
We are seeking a dynamic person with a passion for entrepreneurship and sophisticated work. Join our cutting-edge, tech-savvy law firm and immerse yourself in a forward-thinking environment that encourages innovation.
The HR Manager will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining the Firm’s operational performance and support the delivery of our people strategy and the identification and implementation of an HRIS system. The HR Operations Manager will have worked in a complex, matrixed environment and will be able to bring a commercial, business savvy and data-led approach to achieving ambitious growth and business goals. As a remote working Firm, we work across many jurisdictions, including the US, UK, and Europe – therefore, knowledge and/or experience in scaling businesses internationally is crucial.
- Align HR operational and support services to be compliant, anticipating and exceeding the needs of the business units, regional offices, projects, and other work sites.
- Providing excellent team member experience within a defined HR service area while delivering continuous improvement initiatives and formulating the best-fit HR services.
- Identification, development and maintenance of an HR data and information platform (HRIS) to support the team member lifecycle and provide accurate MI.
- Conducting Quality Assurance (QA) work for our HR workflows in ensuring that we have complete data integrity through our HR transactions and may involve system testing and audits.
- Working on projects and operational processes that sit across different international locations; working or practical knowledge of the UK, Europe, US and LatAm would be a plus.
Qualifications and attributes
- 5-7 years’ experience of having supported HR operations on a global scale, with an emphasis on Americas and EMEA regions
- Graduate level (or equivalent), in relevant discipline and professional qualification e.g., CIPD level 5 or 7
- Experience working in a scaling small/mid-scale organization with global reach.
- Experience using project management methodologies (Agile, Prince2, or PMP) desired.
- Tech savvy and knowledge of data visualization tools i.e., Power BI advantageous.
- Knowledge of HR functions, processes and best practices, and experience working on operations projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize, organize and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously in a remote, international environment.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, fast-paced, international business.
- Fluent, business level communication in English (if not a native speaker)
Sterlington is a 100% international virtual law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates may work from anywhere.
Kindly be aware that salaries are presented in the local currency specified in the job advertisement. We invite qualified candidates from around the world to apply, emphasizing that those chosen for the position will have the opportunity to engage in discussions regarding local market rates and the corresponding salary for the advertised role.
This position is not currently open to recruiting agency submissions.