A well-established and growing international law firm is looking for a Financial Controller to support our growing team.
Sterlington was founded by a senior partner from a large NY-based law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates work remotely. Our clients include private equity and other investment funds, multi-billion-dollar family offices, public and private companies, investment banks, high net worth individuals, and startups.
We are seeking a dynamic person with a passion for entrepreneurship and sophisticated work. Join our cutting-edge, tech-savvy law firm and immerse yourself in a forward-thinking environment that encourages innovation.
Our continued growth means we are recruiting an experienced Financial Controller who will lead the finance function as we evolve and ensure it is structured and efficiently operating to continue scaling the Firm at pace. You will be required to quickly understand a complex operating model and design and implement changes across the finance and accounting function to provide accurate and timely MI to inform business decision making. As a remote working Firm, we work across many jurisdictions, including the US, UK, and Europe – therefore, knowledge and/or experience in scaling businesses internationally is crucial.
- Full ownership of the process for preparation and audit of consolidated financial statements. US GAAP and IFRS).
- Takes the lead on the sourcing and implementation of new accounting / ERP software.
- Providing sound financial support and insights for the senior leadership team (SLT) to make well-informed decisions.
- Presentation of financial results, insights, and recommendations to the SLT.
- Proactively seeks to make recommendations to improve efficiency of the process & production of finance reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and modelling.
- Primary oversight for all finance IT systems, taking the lead on all developments, improvements, and implementations.
Own the finance infrastructure, ensuring processes and controls are scalable and automated.
- Managing and developing a team of finance / accounts staff (currently five and growing).
Qualifications and attributes
- Professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAS, CPA) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ post-qualification experience in finance or accounting designation as above.
- Leadership experience and someone who is able to articulate financial strategy and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Strong understanding of accounting frameworks (IFRS; UK GAAP; and US GAAP advantageous), statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- Commercial awareness.
- Advanced Excel skills, Power Pivot/Query, macros, modeling, and experience with software such as Power BI would be particularly advantageous.
- Prior experience in reviewing and implementing a new ERP system is desirable.
- Possesses leadership skills and can be used effectively to inspire and drive a high-performance culture.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, fast-paced, international business.
- Fluent, business-level communication in English (if not a native speaker).
Sterlington is a 100% international virtual law firm. We are headquartered in New York, though candidates may work from anywhere.
Kindly be aware that salaries are presented in the local currency specified in the job advertisement. We invite qualified candidates from around the world to apply, emphasizing that those chosen for the position will have the opportunity to engage in discussions regarding local market rates and the corresponding salary for the advertised role.
This position is not currently open to recruiting agency submissions.